Wonky Log Cabin Process



Finished four partial blocks last night and very happy with the result! The blocks are cropped at 6.5" and once I finish the rest, they will be bordered with linen to make the total block measure 12.5". These blocks were so quick to sew up and I didn't need to use pins, which is a plus for me! I hate pinning, so any time I can get away with finger pressing, it's a extra bonus! I am following the tutorial from Tallgrass Prairie Studio.



Also, I decided to add on the border for my Little Forest mini wall quilt yesterday. I think it really brings the attention to the tree's and centers them a lot more. I'm very happy with the result! Can't wait to quilt and bind this quilt and the 2 others!

4 comments:

  1. Love those blocks....you've used that gnome fabric again. What is the fabric exactly....I would love to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, I just adore this fabric. It's by Michael Miller and called "Gnoming Around".

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely love this! very modern and love your choice of fabrics -the white border looks really nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via flickr. You have a fantastic sense of color and pattern--those log cabin blocks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete