In need of inspiration!


So this morning I was a little bummed to receive an email of rejection for being in the Plush You 2011 show in October. I was really hoping to get picked to be in the show, but I know a LOT of people applied. I'll try again next year though! I told myself to be positive this year and try not to dwell on stuff that is out of my hands, so that's what I'm doing! I gathered up some inspiration and got super vain in front of the mirror by telling myself how much I rock... I know, nerd alert! It worked though, I'm happy and ready to sketch up some new idea's and get some new plush pumped out!

I'm a huge vinyl toy collector and some of my favorite pieces are in Qee form. I have a pair of Jeff Soto Qee's (which I adore to death, but Zoƫ broke the ear off one, sigh) and a few others. The one above is another favorite, I call it the "poop dog"... if you saw the backside of the figure you would understand why I call it that. I saved you from the view haha! I thought about using this figure to inspire a plush, I'm anxious to see what I come up with!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, I know that "bummed" feeling as I've been there before myself. Well, as I said earlier, if it means anything at all, I think your work is great! It's got color, texture and imagination -- which is a winning combination in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your stuff is super cute and quirky and cool! don't be bummed, keep on truckin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! You rock, I appreciate your comments! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You DO rock. I think it's only a matter of time before people everywhere are wanting a Milky Robot original. Seriously, your stuff is really great and your enthusiasm is inspiring. Onwards and upwards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only just started to follow your blog, thanks to the joy that is craftster. As a result your work totally rocks and you should not be down on yourself. I would give my left arm to be able to complete such work. Your stuff is uber cute and quirky!

    ReplyDelete