Knit, knit, knit

So last night I pulled some new handspun off the wheel, I'm kicking myself for not waiting until today to cast on so I could get some pictures of the yarn, ack! Oh well. I started on the Capucine last night at like midnight. Only got like 4 rows in on the 2x2 ribbing, but I'll work more on it today.

I switched needle sizes BIG time. The pattern calls for size 8... ya, if I want to make it for a toddler (which I may make Zoƫ one sometime..), so I'm using size 11 with heavy worsted handspun. It fits like a dream! I hate the needles I'm using though, it's one of those cheaper circs, so it is super curly and I forgot to dip it in hot water to get the kinks out... oh well!




I'm making more progress on my handspun yoke cardigan. I have 17 rows left to go and one buttonhole! I'm anxious to get past the yoke, it's taking for ever! And lets face it, I hate garter stitch. Garter stitch is right next to ribbing, I hate that to haha. I need to pick up some buttons for it this weekend, I want wood ones, I think they will look awesome with the handspun. I also need to order the other yarn for this cardigan... I'm thinking Knit Picks in Mink Heather. I was going to go for Malabrigo Worsted in the Frank Ochre colorway, but I'm broke and I can't find anyone selling or trading 5 balls of it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment