Swoon Quilt Plans

I've been wanting to do this quilt since I saw Amanda's finished one here. It's amazing! I love Halloween and have been wanting to do a Halloween quilt for a while, but I'm sticking that on the back burner (I must have a lot of projects burning by now) lol!

Here is the plan for my Swoon. Since it's 80" x 80" and might be too big to handle in my little machine, I can do it but it would be a pain, I'm planning to do just 4 blocks and have it be 48" x 48. I want to sash the top to make it slightly bigger. But I think it would be a nice lap quilt size when done. Here are the fabrics I picked, I wanted it to be somewhat "scrappy" with all my favorite colors and prints.



I've been in the mood to quilt and sew lately like crazy, so I'm also picking up the book The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt today! I figure I can make all the blocks one by one here and there with all my scraps and such. Would be fun! Maybe even do it as a year project and do 9-10 blocks per month, could be interesting!



2 comments:

  1. This is so fun! I've bookmarked the Swoon quilt and I JUST bought the Farmer's Wife book too! I can't wait to get started. I think it'll be so fun to be able to make a different block each time and I've got SO many scraps to use! Can't wait to see yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fabric choices for the Swoon! I've had the farmers wife book a while now but not yet started!!

    ReplyDelete