FAT: THE BIG F WORD (updated)

Ok, some of you are thinking "I thought you were on Weight Watchers and trying to loose weight?". The answer is yes. Yes, I am on Weight Watchers. Yes, I'm trying to loose weight. But... not for anyone else but myself. I'm not trying to get skinny, not trying to fit into a size 4 jeans, not trying to diet. I'm only trying to get healthy. I'm currently not healthy by far. I eat loads of crap, indulge on fast food and really don't watch how much I'm eating. I have been back on Weight Watchers since October 1st and lost around 18 lbs so far.

Now, on to the No Diet Talk badge that was added to the lower left of the blog. I'm tired of talking about weight loss, hearing people chime in about weight loss, tips, the "don't eat that or this".... I just want to keep it to myself from here on out. I read an article written by Roseanne in the new issue of Bust magazine (one of my favorites next to Bitch) and it totally clicked the light bulb in my head. So much that I had to post this snippet from the magazine:



This just made sense to me and I thought "Holy crap, thats me". I have recently discovered the whole Self Love and I'm exploring more into it. Yes, I'm trying to get healthy but at the same time, I'm trying love myself as is. I'm tired of waking up every day and thinking "Why the fuck won't this fat go away?!". I want to wake up and say "Damn I feel awesome today!".

I struggle a lot with clothing (some see me bitch about it on Facebook). Nothing seems to fit right, so I get frustrated.... to the point of tears most of the time. I can never find my size in the store, online or in catalogs. I'm a size 26. Sure there are clothing available, but most suck. So instead, I'll venture into making some clothes for me that are awesome and right up my alley. Lately I've been following the Fatshion posts on some blogs, that has really given me some idea's on where to shop or how to thrift for my size.

Where do you guys shop?

Isn't fat a bad word? No, fat is a descriptive word. Not a shameful word, it's a word that I can understand. Plus size, over weight, obese... it's the same thing, just shorter to write. I actually prefer to call myself "fluffy". I think of fluffy as in marshmallows, and who doesn't love marshmallows?!

How do you guys feel about your body. Do you love it? Hate it? Are you venturing into Self Love?

A couple hours after posting this post, I decided to cancel my Weight Watchers account. I want to choose to go down a healthy path, make better choices and let nature take it's course.

13 comments:

  1. I love this post, and I love what Roseanne wrote.
    I'm all for people shutting up about diets, especially horrible fad diets. You're right, the reason for eating healthily should be to become healthy, not to become skinny! Healthy is a much more positive goal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roseanne is so amazing haha! to the point, but in a fun way of seeing it! You need to get the latest Bust and read the rest of the page (if you don't have it already) lol!

      Delete
  2. Right now I hate what I've done to my body. I gave up smoking, yes is a good thing, but then fixed that oral impulse with cake and chocolate putting on 2 stone before I realised that I was swapping one for another!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so hard! Luckily I never took up cigarette smoking, but I have seen how hard it can be and what the swap you did means for sure!

      Delete
  3. Hear hear I totally agree with you. I follow some 'fatsion' blogs and they're great to help with where to buy clothes from. Since I've bought some new clothes I feel 100% better about myself, I look after my hair, skin, nails etc etc, rather than the self-loathing I was stuck with for so long. Here's to a healthy and happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward 2013 this time, I haven't been excited about a new year until now! :D

      Delete
  4. You are so awesome, Jess. One thing that helps me with shopping is knowing what styles do and do not look good on me. I just avoid trying on anything that I know isn't for my body (like empire waists) so I don't have to get frustrated in the fitting room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, I know I can't wear shorter cut shirts because they just don't suit my short waist. I think the key to shopping is knowing your body for sure!

      Delete
  5. You're inspiring. I thought about your awesome new choppy purple 'do and felt motivated to do something for myself... tired of trying to be anything I'm not. I'm realizing lately that I've gotten really down/depressed on myself and I'm so sick of feeling that way. Health is key... skinniness is a bonus? (Not sure if that's a healthy mindset) I don't even want to be "skinny" anymore, just whatever size is comfortable to me, comfortable in my own skin... haven't felt that way in a long time. I saw an internist yesterday and I'm on a doctor-ordered diet... so I'm hoping that helps with weight loss, being healthy, and feeling better.

    ^ That's all I'm going to say about that. Shopping has been somewhat neglected for me this year :/ (refer to above paragraph, lol)... but, honestly, Target is where I go for tops... I only wear Old Navy jeans because they usually fit the best for me. Usually. When I find something that fits perfectly, it seems like it gets discontinued, urgh, so frustrating.

    Kudos to you \m/ Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Old Navy, I buy their pants and cardigans all the time! I think I own a ton so I've been trying to find out outlets lol

      Delete
  6. Hear, hear! I love your outlook on this, and I need to adopt this for myself, instead of "Oh woe is me, my stupid thyroid condition & meds won't let me lose weight." I'm heavier than I want to be, but I am inspired by this blog entry of yours. Thank you!

    I'll continue to try to eat healthier and do more toning in my own life. I may not lose weight and be skinny, but at least I can try to love myself as I am and try to get more muscle tone.

    All the best to you! (I love your short hair & new color!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't often post comments - but I have to to this. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST! I agree more than you can know. I like loving your self is #1 step to anything. Happiness in general.

    We are all behind you! WAY TO GO GIRL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this blog post of yours. And I just discovered your blog. :) And I totally agree with this. I'm not fat, nor skinny. I'm somewhat in between but I'm not healthy at all. Most of it it's because of my health problems but I still don't eat very well. I have ups and downs. I've been going to the gym for a month now (it was free, so it was a good opportunity to do get in action, lol.) and I have to say that I feel much healthier. :) And although I'm at a healthy weight I need to stop jabbering and I should love my body more.

    ReplyDelete