LILAC AND SELF LOVE



Ok, so I needed a change and something fresh and decided to chop off my hair. A whole 10 inches! Ran out last night and get a choppy angle bob (very short in back) and I LOVE it! Then I also decided to have fun and dye my hair something fun and went with lilac. I used to have fun hair in high school and that was over 10 years ago, gasp! I really needed this and I feel amazing.


I rarely post pictures of myself because 1) I hate my picture taken and 2) I'm beyond self conscious. I struggle with my body image daily. Sometimes I feel amazing and "I am woman here my roar" but most of the time I cringe in the mirror. I'm really trying to change that and practice self love. I am beyond inspired by Rachele over at The Nearsighted Owl. After being sucked into reading her blog from front to back, I was inspired to chop my hair, revamp myself and start to try and love me for me.

With all that being said, I think I will try to do a weekly "me photo" to help me gain that self love and see myself more than just in a dirty mirror. 




12 comments:

  1. Jess, I love it! The top photo is totally amazing and beautiful!! I hope this begins a wonderful new chapter for you. xo Rella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog. You rock my lady <3

      Delete
  3. You look amazing! Lilac really works for you - rock it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous, I love your new 'do <3 Work it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omigosh. that is the best color ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so lovely. not just the hair. you are worthy of love and beautiful!

    how are you liking the radical hair color? i've been wanting to do it too, for a long time... i'm just chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love it! The new cut and color has boosted my esteem and confidence like crazy! :)

      Delete
  7. Rachele was my initial blogspiration as well.

    I owe her one.

    ReplyDelete