MINT KNITTING & NAILS


I'm finally in love with this nail polish. It wasn't love at first, I had major issues with getting them to dry. No matter how long I waited in between layers they just remained sticky and I pushed the polish aside. Last night I decided to try it again since my nails were bare for a few days, did the first layer fairly thin and let dry for about 10 minutes (even though they felt dry after a minute or so), then did one more thin layer on top and didn't touch them. Not sure what was different this time, maybe the nail polish had time to "adapt" to the temperature? Anyways, LOVE the polish. It's China Glaze It's a Trap-eze! This is just two thin layers, I may aim for one more layer today, but I'm afraid they might get that sticky feel again.


Knitting! I've been knitting beanie's like mad, not sure why, just love knitting them right now. I think it's the mindless knit stitch, round and round. I'll be hopefully listing some of my crochet slouch beanies in the shop tomorrow, cramming in a lot of work today with faces and xmas sewing. So we shall see! Back to the knitting, I'm making a basic pom pom style slouch beanie in this gorgeous mint yarn (Deluxe Chunky 100% Wool). Using size 11 needles with a gauge of 4 stitches per inch, I cast on 80 stitches and a 2x2 rib for about 1.5". I'm decreasing the top now and hope to have it off the needles soon as I can't wait to wear it!


I'm trying to get my current yarn off the spinning wheel badly! I just got some new batts yesterday in the mail and they are calling my name. Must resist while I get work done first though, so I'll just throw them in my huge fiber stash bin.

I want to thank everyone who has been commenting and following my blog. Your comments are truely touching and I love hearing your feedback! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment