SELF LOVE: PICTURES

Last week I mentioned I wanted to do a weekly photo of myself to get used to seeing myself out there (sounds vain, huh? haha). So instead, I thought I would change that post each week into a Self Love post and talk about things that are on my mind about body image, depression, anxiety, etc. Lately I have been reading a stack of blogs surrounding these issues and what people consider the norm.


For many years now I have hated my picture taken and have often hid behind the lens or other people in pictures. You would always hear "Am I in the picture?" or "Can you not upload that to Facebook?"at every family event or party. As silly as it is, it's beyond exhausting to say that every time and I just wish I could ignore the camera and just not be bothered with a simple picture. After taking a mini photoshoot of myself today (with the cat) it dawned on me why I am always so annoyed with getting my picture taken. I am always waiting for that perfect shot where I think "Oh! I look skinny in this, awesome!"... so after that thought hit me, I realized I will never be the same skinny girl I was in High School and that picture I'm always waiting for to appear on my camera after a shoot will not come. That was well over 10 years ago and things have simply changed. I am the same person, just in a different shell and there is just more to love. Haha!


I hear all the time online, offline, on the phone... you name it, that others hate their picture taken as well.  They say the same things I say "I'm so fat"... "OMG you can see my double chin"... or just "Eww!". The fact is, I am who I am with bad eye sight, a double chin, Costco sized muffin top, big bust and a sometimes awkward smile. But when I really think of it all, there are far more things in life to stress over than to wonder if I look fat or not in the family Christmas photo. Yes, I will still carry the insecurities and trouble in self esteem, that won't go away over night... a month or even a year. So I will be starting 2013 with a new vision on how I want to see things. You can say that I am damn happy about the new years starting... and the fact that I don't have to say President Romney (oop's, did I just say that?).

By the way, I put a new lavender color on my hair! I used Manic Panic Mystic Heather!


9 comments:

  1. I think you look FAB and pull off that lilac hair so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess you're so inspiring and gorgeous <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look absolutely gorgeous! And the lilac hair suits you SO perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go girl! You look lovely just the way you are, and you hair rocks ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gorgeous and I LOVE your hair...not to mention how fabulous your work is too x (I have only just ventured into the world of coloured hair..I'm red at the mo but I'm scheming on some purlple or pink soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness you are the cutest ever, I love the new hair cut and color, and you are beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so adorable it is beyond words! your hair color is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jess, I have followed your Blog for a very long time, I have and always will adore you, You Rock, my sister!!!!!

    ReplyDelete