A.M. BITING THE BULLET

One of the things you will never, ever, ever, ever see... is me take a picture or leave the house without doing my "face" or my hair. Ever. Until now! I decided to bite the bullet and do a mini photo shoot of me sans makeup and bed hair. Luckily, my hair doesn't look too bad in these pictures, but trust me, I look like a chicken. My hair is like 2" off my head towards the back top, it's quite funny. I normally throw a beanie on in the morning until I can manage a shower when Z is playing.


One of my biggest fears in 2011 was going to my 10 year school reunion. I didn't go for a couple reasons and the biggest one was I thought people wouldn't recognize me because of my weight. I kept thinking they would chat with one another and I would hear "wow, she got fat!'. Now, I don't regret not going but if I had felt the way I did now, I would have gone. Some of my goals this year is to attend more groupings and try to mingle more. I'm VERY shy and VERY socially awkward. I would say 98% of my friends reside online in different states and countries. The rest are on my Facebook. Bob, my husband, is the only one I really hang out with. So I'm hoping to get out there more this year. The reason I don't like to go visit friends and Bob's friends is clear, my weight was literally holding me back for the past years and it just got worse last year. I just didn't want to show my face and for them to think I was a whale.


Lately I have been feeling like a million bucks, my confidence has been lifting daily and I just feel so good about myself. Not sure how many pictures I have posted of myself last month, but today I noticed I didn't pick and complain about the pictures I took, like "oh, this one makes my chin look weird" or "this picture is my bad angle". I did filter through some of the really bad ones, but I was surprised at how much it didn't bother me as much.

So here's to more "me" this year on the blog, in your face and at your house!



9 comments:

  1. I lmao with the description of your hair! priceless :)

    keep on showing you off girl! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! I'm the same, I'm a real homebody and ever really hang out with my fiance. TBH, I just don't like people! But shhh...don't tell anyone! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Jess you look great! Your hair description is PERFECT! I have that same thing happen everyday! I have TBH also - I am not a people fan :) All of my friends are online also & the ones in my life could just disappear & I don't know how much I could really care - they kind of suck :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, You are a Rock Star in my book!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMIGOD! Your description of your morning look had me ROFL!!! Try Asian hair that is short! I wake up with 10 new parts and look like a porcupine! As for your self esteem and self confidence, I think you are beautiful. A lot of women struggle with the same self image...it doesn't even matter the size. I never went to my 10, 20 and I won't go to the 30 year reunion. I too am painfully uncomfortable in all social situations. I deal with it through therapy and medication. And hubby is my only daily companion. Anyway Jess, keep doing what you're doing! It is working and I love your photo today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely just out of bed! I'm sure you'd look rockin' with crazy hair everywhere as well. :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are beautiful inside and out <3

    ReplyDelete