ZINES, I HEART YOU


I... love... zines. I used to read them a ton back in the day when I had my first apartment. I would run to a local punk shop and buy up a handful of zines each week, then come home and read them on my floor while watching the movie tarnation (by the way, if you haven't seen that movie, you MUST go get it now).  My favorite ones to read where feminist, crafty and queer zines. I love them! I've been on a buying spree lately with new zines and I'm obsessed with Midge's zines (shop link). Her zines rock my world and back again. My latest buys from her shop are...

  • LOUDMOUTH  #1
  • Furr
  • Scatterbrain 002

These did not fail again, love them! Order these... and the movie Tarnation!

While on the subject of ZINES! I have one done that just needs a visit to the copier, but I am starting a new one here soon. It's a body positive zine (and feminism!) that is 1/4 page size and I was curious if any of you body positive, self loving, happy readers would be interested in contributing to this issue? 

What to contribute?
  • STORIES
  • POEMS
  • ART
  • RANTS
  • RAMBLES
  • PHOTOGRAPHY
  • YOU NAME IT!

Shoot me an email if you would like to contribute!
MILKYROBOT@GMAIL.COM

Deadline: Everything needs to be sent to me by Feb 28th 2013!

If for some reason I get a TON of contributors, I will make this a two part (or more part) zine! All contributors will have a blurb mention with the zine you are in and a link to your blog or site!

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely! I'll send you something later today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Men and women! No rush, you have until the end of Feb to send it in, I'll add this deadline to the blog, oop's!

      Delete
  2. I sent you something. :) I like this idea of a body positive zine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I had a wee obsession with being a zine reading feminist as a teenager... I wasnt quite there yet ha. If I had anything decent to share, I would totally take part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to email you! If you want to contribute anything feel free! I love your blog, it's awesome!! :D

      Delete
  4. OMIGOD! I must live under a rock as I have never read a Zine before! You taught me something new! I shall await yours and it will be my intro to this new world. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be working on this very soon! Been super busy with a few charity events and dead laptop! Thank you for asking me to be a part of this ^_^ xxx

    ReplyDelete