HOW TO BE A FAT BITCH: WEEK 2


Over at The Nearsighted Owl, Rachele has started an E-Course called How to be a Fat Bitch and I jumped with glee when I saw this on her blog yesterday. Each week she will give us a discussion, video and an assignment.



Jump on over to her blog and check it out! You can sponsor and donate as well to help things out! Each week when she does this, I will prompt a blog post on my part of the discussion and assignment.

Discussion:
What do you love most about the word fat? How has the word fat evolved for you?
The word fat has evolved immensely for me. I used to think of it as a bad word and only could be used as an insult. The more and more I get deeper into the fat acceptance movement and HAES, I have learned to love that word. I even try to use it as much as possible when talking about "larger" women or men. I won't say it to their face obviously since some still see it as an insult. So once I know it's ok for them as well, I will gladly throw the word into chats and or conversations. Lately I have been using it in front of family and friends, some don't notice and some get a tad uncomfortable when I say it. To be honest, I get a little bit of a thrill when I say it out loud now or in public and I just love the feeling! The feeling is similar to when someone says "Don't touch the cake on the counter" and you dip your finger into the icing when no one is looking, that kind of thrill. I love the word FAT now, it's a beautiful word and so fun to say!

Assignment:
Reclaim the word fat and do something amazing with it. Make art, take photos of yourself with fat written on you, bake a cake with fat written in frosting, etc. 

I did a couple different pictures for this homework, but ended up going with this one. My sewing machine has an embroidery option and can do the alphabet. The idea came to me while I was moving around my sewing space!


1 comment: