MY "BOOK NERD" IS SHOWING


The other night I ordered a stack of new books for the book junkie in me, some were mentioned on other blogs and some were personally recommended to me. I have one more on the way, Lessons from the Fat-o-Sphere. I'm interested in other books as well, so if you have one you LOVE I would love to hear about it!

What books would you recommend I add to my list?

I'm currently still reading Hot & Heavy and loving every word of it! I have already started marking pages and making book notes on the pages, it's SO good! I'm not the fastest reader, especially when it's books with different writers. It takes me a few minutes to get used to the different writing styles and flow, so I'm almost 1/2 way through with that book. I think I'll jump into Fat! So? next when I finish this book. It looks interesting!

6 comments:

  1. i am totally on board with this movement... it seems a bit dangerous, though, to assume that one really can be "healthy at any size". this is just straight up untrue. a 500 lb. person can not be healthy at that size, know what i mean? i understand that any movement will be radical at first but there has to be reason/logic/fact to balance as well. this is not to say that i don't support self-love and acceptance!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First off, thanks for your comment! I love to hear what others think on this subject and such! :D I understand what you mean, but if a 500 lb man or woman eats healthy in general and walks to work every day but just stays heavy, she is still healthy just in a larger scale. But if a 500 lb person chooses to indulge on fast food 24/7 and drinks soda all day, that would be unhealthy for anything and any size. It's hard to draw the line between healthy and unhealthy by just a scale number since everyone is different in general from even down to genetics. I'm still venturing is the HAES movement but I'm working on loving myself first, then I will move into the movement even more.

      Delete
  2. It may be time to pull out the Bingo card. *sigh*

    http://danceswithfat.wordpress.com/2012/06/04/beware-the-dangerous-fatties/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this link! I have been to your blog before as well! I'm SO new into the HAES, as well as self love. So any info, links, blogs and books I can read is super awesome! :D

      Delete
  3. I read Fat Girl's Guide To Life when I was 21 or 22 and it seriously changed me and how I felt. It was the first step on my mission to fat acceptance.

    ReplyDelete