MY LIFE, MY BLOG

Everyone has a blog for some reason or another, to me, it's a journal. A place where I can share what's on my mind, what I like, what makes me happy, etc. Just like life, things change and I evolve; find new passions and learn new things along the way. My blog has also changed as I evolve and learn. I have lost a few followers since talking more openly about my weight and my new found of self love, body positive and fat acceptance. Which is fine. I have also gained more followers through this change and have met some amazing new people!


With saying that, I love how my life is changing and the new people I am meeting. I love reading comments from new readers and getting random emails from those who just want to say "Hi". For those who don't like what I put on my blog anymore, don't read it. Simple. I'm no longer looking for weight loss tips or interested in how fabulous [insert celebrity name here] looks after her weight loss. I just don't give two shits about hearing about it, sorry! I am still struggling and some days can be brutal. To pick me up I tend to read a story from Hot& Heavy, that snaps me right back to how I want to feel. Happy.

Not sure if you noticed or not (it's not that noticeable anyways), but I redid my blond "chunk" in my hair! I was going to bleach out my hair again and go for a fun color, but I changed my mind last minute... even after I bought all the dye, ugh. At least when I get bored of this hair color I have the color on hand to go wild! I saw a hair color on Pinterest, it's like a brassy orange with pink chunks and it is SO super cute! I may have to do that next!

So I have a question to my readers and friends, should I do some video posts? I've been wanting to do a couple video's but here's the thing, I have never been in a video.. in my life. Ever. I love watching other video's on blogs, it helps me get a better sense of who the blog author is... and it's fun to watch! So, should I do a few? I would hate to bore you all with my voice and laughter (I laugh a lot when nervous).


13 comments:

  1. I love that black and white photo of you! So sassy :D I say give the video thing a try, at least make one and edit it just to see if you like the process, you can decide if you want upload it later. I need to take my own advice and make more videos too lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! I've just been so shy, but I want to come out of my shell more. So I think a video would be a huge step for me lol

      Delete
  2. You are a sweet and very nice girl, don't change anything ! (except you hair color, ha ha !!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read your blog for a very, very, long time, Its like good candy, can't get enough. Always remember, CHANGE IS GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you! The same thing happens to me when I post something new or "radical". I would much rather someone unfollow than leave a snotty comment! You are a babe and I want to see all your videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate bad comments, I haven't gotten any yet (knock on wood), but I know they will come one day. Ugh. I'll work on an "into" video this weekend!!! :D

      Delete
  5. I love video blogs and agree that it gives you a better feel for who the blogger is as a person.

    You should give it a try, even if you do not post it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you SO beautiful. I love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess, I lurk at your blog because I'm an internet lurker at heart...several times lately I've been compelled to leave a comment because you are really inspiring me as of late. I think you'd really enjoy this video I found recently http://vimeo.com/50006487 about a fat blogger and what happened when the internet found out she was fat. Her revelation at the end about the negative commenters really hit home for me, and inspired me to care far less about the haters despite struggling with my self esteem my entire life due to harassment about my weight. Sometimes things just kind of click in your head with the right triggers, and between your blog, that video and a few other things, things have clicked. Obviously you should continue in whatever direction makes you happy because it's your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE that video! Thanks so much for posting it! I'm still just a baby in the fat acceptance world, so any positive info or links are always welcomed!

      Delete
  8. I think whatever you do it will turn out awesome. I have followed your blog for a long time. I loved it before and I love it even more now. I'm not a commenter. But I wanted to voice my support. Your posts have meant a lot to me. And they have given me lots of other new blogs to read as well!
    Thanks you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its just so crazy to me that anyone would choose to be mean over such petty things as weight. Of course, the internet is the great anonymous ocean and people feel its okay to send out tsunamis of mean. :( I really wish people could just focus on being happy and healthy instead of judgmental and cruel.

    Mean people aside, you're looking cute! :) Loving the black and white picture above!

    ReplyDelete