Afternoon Patio Gardening

I've been wanting to plant flowers for years... yes, years. Your probably wondering why didn't you then, right? Well I hated our last house so much that I never wanted to do a thing with it or in it. Ever. So after years of wanting to plant something, I finally did!


Today I ran out and picked up a couple new flowers for the patio wall edge, to help give us a little more privacy and color. I picked up some Petunia's and some kind of daisy like flower (can you tell I'm not a gardener? hah!).

Has anyone else been gardening or planting? Tell me all about it!



6 comments:

  1. Love it, a little nature at home

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tomatoes, basil, rosemary, and petunias at the moment. The petunias are about to bite the dust, though, so I'll need to pick out something new soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing planted this season as of yet; we always get a late snowstorm at the end of March/beginning of April. Gardening is still in the planning stages and after the last hard frost, we'll go like gangbusters in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Daisy-ish flowers are really sweet. We've been planting a ton as spring is fully sprung here in TX. My favorite thing so far this year has been an orange tree. I love seeing it bloom and grow tiny baby oranges, plus it smells divine. We still have to plan out our veggie garden, but that's next on the agenda. The only thing I don't like about container gardening is how much watering maintenance they take. In the heat of summer I have to water mine a couple times a day it seems! I'm sure you won't have a problem with that though, as little helpers relish in that job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Passion Vines (Passiflora) were able to grow here in AZ. They do well in TX, so maybe we could give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since we started renting an actual house in the summer of 2011, I've been enamored with gardening, which is something I'd never thought I'd say. I planted a few flowers last year (hollyhock, pansy, etc) & we expand our food growing a bit every year. This year we're doing snap peas, corn, bell peppers, onions, green onions, tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, spinach, lettuce, zucchini, cauliflower, strawberries, blackberries, and probably a few other gems.

    And the best part is that the kid LOVES "helping" :)

    ReplyDelete