HOW TO BE A FAT BITCH: WEEK 4



Over at The Nearsighted Owl, Rachele has started an E-Course called How to be a Fat Bitch and I jumped with glee when I saw this on her blog yesterday. Each week she will give us a discussion, video and an assignment.


Jump on over to her blog and check it out! You can sponsor and donate as well to help things out! Each week when she does this, I will prompt a blog post on my part of the discussion and assignment.

Discussion: 

How has seeing fat bodies in the media affected you? Like Adele, Gabourey Sidibe, Aidy Bryant from SNL, Beth Ditto, Melissa McCarthy, etc. Do you gravitate towards fat positive music, TV and movies?

Seeing other fat bodies in the media ranging from celebrities to just people in general has truly helped me understand that fat is ok. Some people that I completely love are Beth Ditto and Roseanne!

Assignment:

Create a tribute to a fat body. Your fat body or somebody else's. Make a papier mache figure, draw a silhouette  photograph your rolls, curate a collection of images of bodies similar to yours, etc.

This is me and my body... mind you, it's right when I got up so my hair is... ya. hah! But this morning I felt powerful and sexy and had to snap a picture to remember this moment.


1 comment:

  1. I could totally see you rocking the Beth Ditto look. She's one of my style heroes--and I love her voice, too.

    ReplyDelete