KAIJU INSPIRATION


1. Unnerving, 2. Tokoichi buddies, 3. painted rootbeer, 4. Untitled, 5. B of the C, 6. SEEDS, 7. Fancy Cat, 8. my custom sloth and moth, 9. Custom Mellow

I've been looking for some gnarly Kaiju inspiration for some sketching and new toy ideas. Some of my favorite toy guys are Paul Kaiju, Bwana Spoons, Rampage Toys and so many others. These guys are what caught my eye with Kaiju last year and I have been hooked since.


Right now I have a monster I plan turning into vinyl, the husband and I want to run a Kickstarter campaign to help get this started. Once I have the sculpt in hand I will be launching this campaign and you all will hear a ton about it for sure! Last year I was ready to go forth with a vinyl toy and Kickstarter campaign... but the sculpt that was sent to me in the mail got stolen. It was one of six packages stolen in December. So I put a huge halt on the project, totally bummed. I'm going with a whole new sketch and sculpt and he will be gnarly!

Stay tuned for more info on this here project to! I'm also going to be remolding the Ick, then casting some new guys. I want to clean up the original sculpt a bit before casting some new Icks'.

4 comments:

  1. I'm curious- in the mold on the bottom, what are the tubes for? I understand their point in say, lost wax methods of making pieces out of metal..which I assume this probably won't be made of metal?

    It looks super cool! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The straws at the feet are my pour spouts for pouring in the liquid resin when casting and the white straws at each hand tip are vents. They prevent air pockets at the tips of each hand, the resin will rise out the spouts and I just cut then off. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! they're so awesome. I love vinyl toys :D I hope you're able to get the kickstarter started. Let me know when you do and I'll back you :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also :D have you heard of Nathan Jurevicius? he created Scary Girl. Whenever I see weird and awesome vinyl toys of I think of him http://www.scarygirl.com :D

    ReplyDelete