Feature Friday: Kristina McLean

I have been wanting to start doing interviews again on the blog. In the past I have done some with my friend Heidi Kenney of My Paper Crane, Anna from Mochimochi Land and some other amazing people! I wont be doing this every Friday, but you will see this feature pop up on Friday's here and there!

Today I would love to introduce Kristina McLean, one of my latest art obsessions! Some may know her by Queen of the Cats. Her artwork is full of great color and unique faces and cats. I am proud to own a piece of her work and hang it proudly in my living room.



What inspires you most when doing your art?

My inspiration usually comes from my feelings, the weather and the things I see that make up my lil' place in this wild world. Also, my family really inspires me. I have a cozy home filled with the people and cats that I love. These days I am focusing more on works on paper. I feel it translates my ideas well and gives me a lot of freedom in terms of layering colors.

Aside from painting, what other crafts or hobbies do you love to do?

I am in a band called Yeti Snow. I play keyboards, synthesizers, drum machines and sing. It's a duo with my man. He plays bass.

How long have you been painting and what got you started?
I've been drawing and painting since I can remember. My earliest memories are of grade school. Color has always been a big thing for me. I was already drawing cats back then and it's been a consistent theme in my artwork.

Where can we find you?





1 comment: