Seeing Double Socks


So I finally took the plunge into teaching myself how to knit 2 socks at a time with magic loop. I normally knit socks toe up on 2 circs but I have done magic loop on socks as well in the past... but never two at a time. I don't know why I was so fearful of trying this! I'm madly in love and now I can enjoy sock knitting again. Knitting socks are my favorite thing every to knit!



Some reasons I like sock knitting
  • keep me busy without getting bored, even plain vanilla socks (increases/decreases, short rows, ribbing, etc)
  • convenient = you can take them along easy where ever you go
  • reason to buy sock yarn... my favorite yarn ever
  • get to use the knit stitch for most of the sock, hate purling


For learning how to do 2 socks at a time, I used this video below. I tried a "figure 8" cast on but for some reason it threw me off. I usually do a crochet cast on when doing one sock at a time with 2 circs, but this "new to me" cast on will now be my go-to cast on from here on out!

2 comments:

  1. I will have to watch this 50 times, thanks Jess!!!

    ReplyDelete