Seat Freaked


Ok, so I'm heading on vacation next week... and I'm freaking out over the plane. Not because of flying, I love flying! I'm normally super body positive and "f' what you think" but I have a confession... I'm freaking out because of the seats. Being a fluffy girl, these seats are very intimidating to me. I flew on the same two airlines 4 years ago and I was 3 months pregnant with Z, the seats were tiny then and I just know they will be tinier now (it's safe to say the seats didn't shrink though lol). I am about 30+ lbs heavier since then. So I need some motivation to stay positive during this flight. The past few weeks I have been a wreck thinking about the seats. One, they are tiny... and two, I know for a fact I will need a seat belt extender. My biggest worry is getting embarrassed on the flight when having to ask for an extender. I will be flying with our 4 year old, husband, his mom, his younger brother and his older brother (with his gf).

I really need to get my mind off of the seating issue. Once I'm there I will be fine... I just need to calm down about these SEATS(If you didn't notice, the big yarn ball in the tiny cup is supposed to be me in a tiny seat haha! Also, I spun that yarn years ago!)

How would you guys handle the plane seating situation?

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I ask for a seat belt extender while I'm entering the plane...the first flight attendant I see as I board...I ask. Then I can just sit in my chair and not worry about it or keep looking around for someone to help me.( people are so busy trying to get on the plane and find their seats that they will not even hear you ask.) Also you're lucky because you are going as a family, unless Z is in a car seat on the plane. When you are with loved ones you can fly with the arm rests up and no one knows the difference if you are overflowing from one seat to another it's much harder to do with strangers. You will be fine. Just take good care of yourself and wear comfortable clothes, attend to your needs and make sure you take as little with you as you can so that you don't also limit your leg room. I know this is easier said then done when traveling with a little one...you will need to keep her entertained, put the stuff under the seat in front of her as her legs don't touch the ground. I know you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always buy your own seat belt extender! $36 is cheap for peace of mind! :)

    http://www.airplaneseatbeltextender.com/Universal-Airplane-Seat-Belt-Extender-410697.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would ask the attendant that standing at the door as you walk in and ask for a Xanax! Lol jk. I'm sure you will be fine just try to think of all the fun you will have wherever your plane is taking you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have issues with airplane seats too. Mine are different, but I feel you. They messed up my seat assignments on my last flight. I had even paid extra for specific seating ahead of time. But I inquired about it and they fixed it and I even got better seats than I booked. Flight attendants are usually really nice and if you ask up front or even at the gate, they will do their best to accommodate with a minimum of fuss.

    Also, 2nd on the Xanax. It's a life saver. :) I hope you have a happy flight and enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete