Dehydrating Fruit

For Christmas my hubby and I received a dehydrator! I have been wanting one of these for a while and was anxious to give it a try. Since my 4 year old woke me up at 6, I decided it was perfect timing to load the trays. I sent the hubby out last night with a list of fruit and such.

This morning I spread out apple fruit leather (one with cinnamon), chopped up pineapple, strawberries and apples (half with cinnamon). Since I also got a new mandolin slicer, I used that for the cutting up the strawberries... I love that thing now! The fruit leather is made from organic apple sauce with only two ingredients: apples & water. I saw this trick online and thought it sounded easy to try out.

I will for sure post the end results! This will be my go to when I want to snack on candy or junk food. The sugar content is high in dried fruit but since I normally grab a stack of cookies, ice cream or chocolate, I think this will be a much better substitute for that!


No comments:

Post a Comment