On the Bookshelf

Since I've been doing a lot of reading lately (mainly to get offline and unplug a bit), I thought I would start this little repeated post called "On the Bookshelf". I'm attempting to revive the Milky Robot blog now that I think I have calmed down a bit with my leave of absence and seeking out "where is my life going"... I'm still uncertain about life but I'm feeling very nostalgic lately and have missed the blog.

I just finished reading Damned by my favorite author, Chuck Palahniuk. I started this book when it first came out... actually before it came out, since I got an advanced copy. However I kept putting it down while working on projects and got to busy to read it, so I kept finding myself restarting it only to get to the 3rd chapter and have to stop again. I finally picked it up and read it in two days, it was fantastic! You know it's a good Palahniuk book when you have to put your bagel down while reading a chapter in fear of throwing it up, ahhh so good!

Now I'm reading... Doomed, the sequel book by Chuck Palahniuk. I'm only in about 50 pages and so far, it is sucking me in like Damned did. The pages already have me turning quickly and reading while I make breakfast. Won't be surprised if I finish this book just as quickly as the first.

I have read nearly all of Chuck's older work, but haven't had time to read anything new (anything after Haunted). So I will be catching up on my Chuck lit and you will be seeing lots of his books pop up on the blog. I'm also working my way through Noah Levine's books. For those unaware who he is, he is an awesome buddhist teacher who started Dharma Punx. Even though I have never met him, I look up to him as a mentor, along with Josh Korda... another gnarly buddhist!


1 comment:

  1. I have had "Damned" on my to-read list since it came out but haven't been able to bring myself to pick it up and actually read it. I may need to rectify that this weekend.

    ReplyDelete