Monday, July 21, 2014

Yarn Love



These Halloween socks have been on the needles since LAST June. Gasp! Can you tell I've been too busy to knit?!

If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen me post a sneak peek about yarn coming! The rumors are true! I'm working my way into getting back to my first love, yarn. I'm starting things slow and sticking with dyed yarn again to start out with, to kind of get my feet on the ground again. It's been nearly 6 years since I put the "closed" sign up on my yarn sales on Etsy... I miss it every day. Now that my 5 year old is starting Kindergarten next month, it dawned on me that I can finally refocus back to my yarn shop.

I have and order of sock yarn bases coming this week. It's a 75/25 blend of superwash merino + nylon, super soft! I'm not sure I will be keeping this as my sock yarn base, I may move to a 80/20 blend so we will see!

I do have plans to start dyeing roving again as well, so that will be next once I get the sock yarn flowing again! My goal is to slowly build up my stock through the rest of the year... very exciting!

2 comments: