Sockiepoos KAL 2015

Socks, socks, sock... I seem to have caught the sock kniting bug, yet again! An IG friend and I decided to start a fun KAL called Sockiepoos yesterday on Friday the 13th. This KAL is on Instagram and will run from February 13th - March 13th. What are the rules you ask?

  • Join in the fun!
  • Use any pattern, any yarn weight, any needle size... do what you want, as long as it's a sock!
  • Share your progress on IG using the hashtag #sockiepooskal
  • When done, share your finished socks with the hashtag #sockiepooskalfin
  • Knit as many pairs as you wish for the KAL!

We wanted to light a fire under our butts and get some socks finished, so this little KAL came to mind. I have a goal to knit 12 pairs of socks this year, thats one pair a month. I finished my January pair earlier in the week and showed them off on the podcast. Last night i decided to cast on the toes for my February pair, still debating if I should do a patterned sock or plain vanilla again... hmmm.

My socks always start the same with me casting on 18 sts per needle (36 sts total) and increasing till I get to 36 sts per needle (72 sts total). A 72 stitch sock on size 2's seem to be my happy place. I did try to do DK weight socks last night... but ya, they were just too thick for me. I really liked the fabric feel on size 3's, but the sock itself is just to thick for my Arizona feet. So back to fingering weight I went!

Yarn being used: Milky Robot 75/25 Sock in "Bug Zapper"
Needles: Addi Sock Rockets size 2


No comments:

Post a Comment